One of the very first things Julie said to me was, “Just so you know, I’m a horrible planner. And a wedding will be no different.”
Funny, because I find this Claxton Farm wedding to be the perfect depiction of a formal event with a casual flair. It turned out to be one of my very favorite weddings of 2011. =)
A few fun facts:
- Jeremy was smitten by Julie the very first time he saw her. (How lucky are they?!)
- Julie is a potter and is quite talented and creative.
- Jeremy used to have dreadlocks!
- Jeremy’s family is from the North. Julie’s family is from the South. Families have never met… until now. =)
- Their friends/wedding guests are crazy, creative, single, and wild.
- They are both super shy and therefore cut out a lot of the small events within their wedding that involved lots of attention. =)
- Though they’re shy, they’re both incredibly photogenic. Check out these beautiful people below!
I cannot say enough good things about the floral work from Jessica at Aria Floral. I’m always excited when I hear my couples have chosen her for their wedding flowers – I love her artistic vision! Oh, and be sure to check out Skate Rink Jukebox, an extremely versatile, energy packed band from Charlotte, NC. Big thanks to my talented photographer friend, Kate Monroe, for helping me with this one. <3